Thursday, July 10, 2014

Shawna's Thoughts-Still On Cherokee Road

Things are a bit complicated in the business of buying and selling homes. Lenders want to make sure the roof is definitely shingled before they allow the buyers to close and since roofers don't like to repair roofs in the rain, we must wait one more day for that job to be completed.  Lenders also want to make sure the title to the house is clear before the transaction is complete, but people at the State Department have come cup with a creative excuse for not processing the paperwork in a timely manner. They say their computers were hacked by someone from Japan so all of the computers in the State Department were shut down. Hmmm, sounds to me like an excuse to have another long weekend.

So, here we sit under a hail damaged roof, with some yellow solo cups (Go Shockers), a box of pizza and a few essentials like paper towels and toilet paper. Almost all of our belongings are either loaded in the trailer to move, or are waiting to be loaded on one last trailer to go to the storage unit. 

We have no idea when we will actually leave, but we aren't stressing over it. God is in control and everything will happen according to His time. 

To commemorate this time of waiting, I wrote the beginning of a song, sung to the tune of "The Dock of the Bay". I may add more to it if the creative bug strikes.

Sittin' in the morning sun
I'll be sittin' when the evening comes
Watching the roofers drive in
Then I'll watch them drive away again

I'm sittin' on Cherokee Road
Watching the summer roll away
I'm just sittin' on Cherokee Road, wastin' time.

I want to leave my home in Kansas
Head on to the Last Frontier
Cuz I've got a job in Glennallen
But I wonder if I'll ever get there.

So I'm sittin' on Cherokee Road
Watching the summer roll away
I'm just sittin' on Cherokee Road, wastin' time.



No comments:

Post a Comment